1. Why is reproduction essential for organisms?
2. Which Is a better mode of reproduction: sexual or asexual? Why?
3. Why is the offspring formed by asexual reproduction referred to as clone?
4. Offspring formed due to sexual reproduction have better chances of survival. Why? Is this statement always true?
5.How does the progeny formed from asexual reproduction differ from those formed by sexual reproduction?
6. Distinguish between asexual and sexual reproduction. Why is vegetative reproduction also considered as a type of asexual reproduction?
7. What is vegetative propagation? Give two suitable examples.
9. Higher organisms have resorted to sexual reproduction in spite of its complexity. Why?
10. Explain why meiosis and gametogenesis are always interlinked?
11. Identify each part in a flowering plant and write whether it is haploid (n) or diploid (2n).
12. Define external fertilization. Mention its disadvantages.
13. Differentiate between a zoospore and a zygote.
14. Differentiate between gametogenesis from embryogenesis.
15. Describe the post-fertilization changes in a flower.
16. What is % bisexual flower? Collect five bisexual flowers from your neighbourhood and with the help of your teacher find out their common and scientific names.
17. Examine a few flowers of any cucurbit plant and try to identify the staminate and pistillate flowers. Do you know any other plant that bears unisexual flowers?
18. Why are offspring of oviparous animals at a greater risk as compared to offspring of viviparous animals?