encourages an individual to give priority to personal goals over organisational goals.
is crucial for the survival of an individual and organisation.
is the product of an individual's physical and mental energy.
is the external force which induces an individual to contribute his efforts.
2. Due to enormous profits involved in smuggling, hundreds of persons have been attracted towards this anti-national activity. Some of them became millionaires overnight. India has a vast coastline both on the Eastern and Western Coast. It has been a heaven for smugglers who have been carrying on their activities with great impunity. There is no doubt, that from time to time certain seizures were made by the enforcement authorities, during raids and ambush but even allowing these losses the smugglers made huge profits. The passage best supports the statement that
smuggling hampers the economic development of a nation.
smuggling ought to be curbed.
authorities are taking strict measures to curb smuggling.
smuggling is fast increasing in our country owing to the quick profit it entails.
3. Though the waste of time or the expenditure on fashions is very large, yet fashions have come to stay. They will not go, come what may. However, what is now required is that strong efforts should be made to displace the excessive craze for fashion from the minds of these youngsters. The passage best supports the statement that:
fashion is the need of the day.
the excessive craze for fashion is detrimental to one's personality.
the hoard for fashion should be done away with so as not to let down the constructive development.
work and other activities should be valued more than the outward appearance.
4. One of the important humanitarian by-products of technology is the greater dignity and value that it imparts to human labour. In a highly industrialized society, there is no essential difference between Brahmin and Dalit, Muslim and Hindu; they are equally useful and hence equally valuable for in the industrial society individual productivity fixes the size of the pay cheque and this fixes social status. The passage best supports the statement that:
technology decides individual's social status.
castes and religions are man-made.
human labour has dignity and value.
all individuals, irrespective of caste and creed, are born equal.
5. The future of women in India is quite bright and let us hope that they will justify their abilities by rising to the occasion. Napoleon was right when he declared that by educating the women we can educate the whole nation. Because a country can never rise without the contribution of 50% of their population. The passage best supports the statement that:
India is striving hard for the emancipation of women.
all women should be well educated.
a nation can progress only when women are given equal rights and opportunities as men.
women ought to be imparted full freedom to prove their worth and contribute to the progress of the nation.
6. The prevention of accidents makes it necessary not only that safety devices be used to guard exposed machinery but also that mechanics be instructed in safety rules which they must follow for their own protection, and that lighting in the plant be adequate. The passage best supports the statement that industrial accidents -
Cause And Effect
Course Of Action
Letter And Symbol Series
Statement And Argument
Statement And Assumption
Statement And Conclusion