Subscribe to Get Updates
© mycollegebag.in 2020, All Rights Reserved
CHAPTER 14 VISUALISING SOLID SHAPES
2-D figures are the plane figures and 3-D figures are the solid shapes.
The corners of a solid shape are called its vertices. The line segments of are called its edges. The flat surfaces are called its faces.
Two types of sketches of solids are possible:
1. An oblique sketch does not have proportional lengths.
2. An isometric sketch is drawn on an isometric dot paper. The measurements are kept proportional.
Different sections of a solid can be viewed in many ways:
1. Cutting or slicing the shape i.e. cross section
2. 2-D shadow of a 3-D shape
3. Looking at the shape from different angles: the front-view, the side-view, the