2. A and B can complete a work in 15 days and 10 days respectively. They started doing the work together but after 2 days B had to leave and A alone completed the remaining work. The whole work was completed in :
3. A and B can do a piece of work in 30 days, while B and C can do the same work in 24 days and C and A in 20 days. They all work together for 10 days when B and C leave. How many days more will A take to finish the work?
4. A works twice as fast as B. If B can complete a work in 12 days independently, the number of days in which A and B can together finish the work in :
5. Twenty women can do a work in sixteen days. Sixteen men can complete the same work in fifteen days. What is the ratio between the capacity of a man and a woman?
3 : 4
4 : 3
5 : 3
6. A and B can do a work in 8 days, B and C can do the same work in 12 days. A, B and C together can finish it in 6 days. A and C together will do it in :
7. A can finish a work in 24 days, B in 9 days and C in 12 days. B and C start the work but are forced to leave after 3 days. The remaining work was done by A in:
8. X can do a piece of work in 40 days. He works at it for 8 days and then Y finished it in 16 days. How long will they together take to complete the work?
9. A and B can do a job together in 7 days. A is 1(3/4) times as efficient as B. The same job can be done by A alone in :
10. A and B together can do a piece of work in 30 days. A having worked for 16 days, B finishes the remaining work alone in 44 days. In how many days shall B finish the whole work alone?
2. 4 men and 6 women can complete a work in 8 days, while 3 men and 7 women can complete it in 10 days. In how many days will 10 women complete it?
3. A and B can together finish a work 30 days. They worked together for 20 days and then B left. After another 20 days, A finished the remaining work. In how many days A alone can finish the work?
4. P can complete a work in 12 days working 8 hours a day. Q can complete the same work in 8 days working 10 hours a day. If both P and Q work together, working 8 hours a day, in how many days can they complete the work?
5. 10 women can complete a work in 7 days and 10 children take 14 days to complete the work. How many days will 5 women and 10 children take to complete the work?
Cannot be determined
6. X and Y can do a piece of work in 20 days and 12 days respectively. X started the work alone and then after 4 days Y joined him till the completion of the work. How long did the work last?
7. A is 30% more efficient than B. How much time will they, working together, take to complete a job which A alone could have done in 23 days?
None of these
8. Ravi and Kumar are working on an assignment. Ravi takes 6 hours to type 32 pages on a computer, while Kumar takes 5 hours to type 40 pages. How much time will they take, working together on two different computers to type an assignment of 110 pages?
7 hours 30 minutes
8 hours 15 minutes
8 hours 25 minutes
9. A, B and C can complete a piece of work in 24, 6 and 12 days respectively. Working together, they will complete the same work in:
10. Sakshi can do a piece of work in 20 days. Tanya is 25% more efficient than Sakshi. The number of days taken by Tanya to do the same piece of work is:
Alligation Or Mixture
Boats And Streams
Height And Distance
Odd Man Out And Series
Permutation And Combination
Pipes And Cistern
Problems On Ages
Problems On H.C.F And L.C.M
Problems On Numbers
Problems On Trains
Profit And Loss
Races And Games
Ratio And Proportion
Square Root And Cube
Stocks And Shares
Surds And Indices
Time And Distance
Time And Work
Volume And Surface Area